Wednesday, July 13, 2011
OGL - posted for ease of access
My plan is to use a link to this post as my OGL statement in everything I post. I am currently looking at supporting The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and True 20. There are other OGL games out there, and I am very willing to explore those options as well. This just makes a good starting point. I have currently signed the agreement with Paizo. I plan on signing the True 20 agreement. I am also working on OpenD6.
Open Game License Version 1.0a
The following text is the property of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. and is Copyright 2000 Wizards of the Coast, Inc (“Wizards”). All Rights Reserved.
(a) “Contributors” means the copyright and/or trademark owners who have contributed Open Game Content;
(b) “Derivative Material” means copyrighted material including derivative works and translations (including into other computer languages), potation, modification, correction, addition, extension, upgrade, improvement, compilation, abridgment or other form in which an existing work may be recast, transformed or adapted;
(c) “Distribute” means to reproduce, license, rent, lease, sell, broadcast, publicly display, transmit or otherwise distribute;
(d) “Open Game Content” means the game mechanic and includes the methods, procedures, processes and routines to the extent such content does not embody the Product Identity and is an enhancement over the prior art and any additional content clearly identified as Open Game Content by the Contributor, and means any work covered by this License, including translations and derivative works under copyright law, but specifically excludes Product Identity.
(e) “Product Identity” means product and product line names, logos and identifying marks including trade dress; artifacts, creatures, characters, stories, storylines, plots, thematic elements, dialogue, incidents, language, artwork, symbols, designs, depictions, likenesses, formats, poses, concepts, themes and graphic, photographic and other visual or audio representations; names and descriptions of characters, spells, enchantments, personalities, teams, personas, likenesses and special abilities; places, locations, environments, creatures, equipment, magical or supernatural abilities or effects, logos, symbols, or graphic designs; and any other trademark or registered trademark clearly identified as Product identity by the owner of the Product Identity, and which specifically excludes the Open Game Content;
(f) “Trademark” means the logos, names, mark, sign, motto, designs that are used by a Contributor to identify itself or its products or the associated products contributed to the Open Game License by the Contributor
(g) “Use”, “Used” or “Using” means to use, Distribute, copy, edit, format, modify, translate and otherwise create Derivative Material of Open Game Content.
(h) “You” or “Your” means the licensee in terms of this agreement.
2. The License: This License applies to any Open Game Content that contains a notice indicating that the Open Game Content may only be Used under and in terms of this License. You must affix such a notice to any Open Game Content that you Use. No terms may be added to or subtracted from this License except as described by the License itself. No other terms or conditions may be applied to any Open Game Content distributed using this License.
3. Offer and Acceptance: By Using the Open Game Content You indicate Your acceptance of the terms of this License.
4. Grant and Consideration: In consideration for agreeing to use this License, the Contributors grant You a perpetual, worldwide, royaltyfree, non-exclusive license with the exact terms of this License to Use, the Open Game Content.
5. Representation of Authority to Contribute: If You are contributing original material as Open Game Content, You represent that Your Contributions are Your original creation and/or You have sufficient rights to grant the rights conveyed by this License.
6. Notice of License Copyright: You must update the COPYRIGHT NOTICE portion of this License to include the exact text of the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any Open Game Content You are copying, modifying or distributing, and You must add the title, the copyright date, and the copyright holder’s name to the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any original Open Game Content you Distribute.
7. Use of Product Identity: You agree not to Use any Product Identity, including as an indication as to compatibility, except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of each element of that Product Identity. You agree not to indicate compatibility or co-adaptability with any Trademark or Registered Trademark in conjunction with a work containing Open Game Content except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of such Trademark or Registered Trademark. The use of any Product Identity in Open Game Content does not constitute a challenge to the ownership of that Product Identity. The owner of any Product Identity used in Open Game Content shall retain all rights, title and interest in and to that Product Identity.
8. Identification: If you distribute Open Game Content You must clearly indicate which portions of the work that you are distributing are Open Game Content.
9. Updating the License: Wizards or its designated Agents may publish updated versions of this License. You may use any authorized version of this License to copy, modify and distribute any Open Game Content originally distributed under any version of this License.
10. Copy of this License: You MUST include a copy of this License with every copy of the Open Game Content You distribute.
11. Use of Contributor Credits: You may not market or advertise the Open Game Content using the name of any Contributor unless You have written permission from the Contributor to do so.
12. Inability to Comply: If it is impossible for You to comply with any of the terms of this License with respect to some or all of the Open Game Content due to statute, judicial order, or governmental regulation then You may not Use any Open Game Material so affected.
13. Termination: This License will terminate automatically if You fail to comply with all terms herein and fail to cure such breach within 30 days of becoming aware of the breach. All sublicenses shall survive the termination of this License.
14. Reformation: If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable.
Compatibility with Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Section:
Open Game License v 1.0a Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
System Reference Document. Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.; Authors Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams, based on material by E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson.
Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook. Copyright 2009, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Author: Jason Bulmahn, based on material by Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, and Skip Williams.
The Book of Experimental Might. Copyright 2008, Monte J. Cook. All rights reserved.
Tome of Horrors. Copyright 2002, Necromancer Games, Inc.; Authors: Scott Greene, with Clark Peterson, Erica Balsley, Kevin Baase, Casey Christofferson, Lance Hawvermale, Travis Hawvermale, Patrick Lawinger, and Bill Webb; Based on original content from TSR.
Pathfinder and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC, and are used under license. See paizo.com/pathfinderRPG for more information on the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.
Pathfinder is a registered trademark of Paizo Publishing, LLC, and the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatibility Logo are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC, and are used under the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatibility License. See http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/compatibility for more information on the compatibility license.
Compatibility with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game requires the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game from Paizo Publishing, LLC. See http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG for more information on the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Paizo Publishing, LLC does not guarantee compatibility, and does not endorse this product.
True 20 Compatability:
True20 Adventure Roleplaying, Revised Edition OGL Section 15.
15. COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Open Game License v 1.0 Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
System Reference Document, Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc., Authors Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams, based on original material by E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson.
Modern System Reference Document Copyright 2002-2004, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.; Authors Bill Slavicsek, Jeff Grubb, Rich Redman, Charles Ryan, Eric Cagle, David Noonan, Stan!, Christopher Perkins, Rodney Thompson, and JD Wiker, based on material by Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams, Richard Baker, Peter Adkison, Bruce R. Cordell, John Tynes, Andy Collins, and JD Wiker.
Advanced Player's Manual, Copyright 2005, Green Ronin Publishing: Author Skip Williams.
Advanced Player's Guide, Copyright 2004, White Wolf Publishing, Inc.
Algernon Files, Copyright 2004, Blackwyrm Games; Authors Aaron Sullivan and Dave Mattingly.
Armies of the Abyss, Copyright 2002, Green Ronin Publishing; Authors Erik Mona and Chris Pramas.
The Avatar's Handbook, Copyright 2003, Green Ronin Publishing; Authors Jesse Decker and Chris Tomasson.
Bastards & Bloodlines, Copyright 2003, Green Ronin Publishing, Author Owen K.C. Stephens
Blue Rose, Copyright 2005, Green Ronin Publishing; Authors Jeremy Crawford, Dawn Elliot, Steve Kenson, and John Snead.
Blue Rose Companion, Copyright 2005, Green Ronin Publishing; Editor Jeremy Crawford.
The Book of Fiends, Copyright 2003, Green Ronin Publishing; Authors Aaron Loeb, Erik Mona, Chris Pramas, and Robert J. Schwalb.
Book of the Righteous, Copyright 2002, Aaron Loeb.
Challenging Challenge Ratings: Immortal's Handbook, Copyright 2003, Craig Cochrane.
Conan The Roleplaying Game, Copyright 2003 Conan Properties International LCC; Authorized Publisher Mongoose Publishing Ltd; Author Ian Sturrock.
CORE Explanatory Notice, Copyright 2003, Benjamin R. Durbin
Creatures of Freeport, Copyright 2004, Green Ronin Publishing, LLC; Authors Graeme Davis and Keith Baker.
Crime and Punishment, Copyright 2003, Author Keith Baker
Crooks!, Copyright 2003, Green Ronin Publishing; Authors Sean Glenn, Kyle Hunter, and Erik Mona.
Cry Havoc, Copyright 2003, Skip Williams. All rights reserved.
Challenging Challenge Ratings: Immortal's Handbook, Copyright 2003, Craig Cochrane.
Darwin's World 2nd Edition, Copyright 2003, RPG Objects; Authors Dominic Covey and Chris Davis.
Design Parameters: Immortal's Handbook, Copyright 2003, Craig Cochrane.
Fading Suns d20, Copyright 2001, Holistic Design, Inc.
Galactic Races, Copyright 2001, Fantasy Flight Games.
Gimmick's Guide to Gadgets, Copyright 2005, Green Ronin Publishing; Author Mike Mearls.
Grim Tales, Copyright 2004, Benjamin R. Durbin, published by Bad Axe Games, LCC.
Grim Tales, Cyberware game mechanics; Copyright 2003, Benjamin R. Durbin, published by Bad Axe Games, LCC.
Grim Tales, Firearms game mechanics; Copyright 2003, Benjamin R. Durbin, published by Bad Axe Games, LCC.
Grim Tales, Horror game mechanics; Copyright 2003, Benjamin R. Durbin, published by Bad Axe Games, LCC.
Grim Tales, Spellcasting game mechanics; Copyright 2003, Benjamin R. Durbin, published by Bad Axe Games, LCC.
Grim Tales, Vehicle game mechanics; Copyright 2003, Benjamin R. Durbin, published by Bad Axe Games, LCC.
Hot Pursuit, Copyright 2005, Corey Reid, published by Adamant Entertainment, Inc.
Immortals Handbook, Copyright 2003, Craig Cochrane.
Legions of Hell, Copyright 2001, Green Ronin Publishing; Author Chris Pramas.
A Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe, Copyright 2003, Expeditious Retreat Press; Authors Suzi Yee and Joseph Browning.
The Mastermind's Manual, Copyright 2006, Green Ronin Publishing; Author Steve Kenson.
Modern Player's Companion, Copyright 2003, The Game Mechanics, Inc; Author: Stan!
Monster's Handbook, Copyright 2002, Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.
Monte Cook Presents: Iron Heroes, Copyright 2005, Monte J. Cook. All rights reserved.
Monte Cook's: Arcana Unearthed, Copyright 2003, Monte J. Cook. All rights reserved.
Mutants & Masterminds, Copyright 2002, Green Ronin Publishing; Author Steve Kenson.
Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition, Copyright 2005, Green Ronin Publishing; Author Steve Kenson.
Mutants & Masterminds Annual #1, Copyright 2004, Green Ronin Publishing, LLC; Editor Erik Mona.
Mythic Heroes, Copyright 2005, Benjamin R. Durbin, published by Bad Axe Games, LLC.
OGL Horror, Copyright 2003, Mongoose Publishing Limited.
Possessors: Children of the Outer Gods, Copyright 2003, Philip Reed and Christopher Shy, www.philipjreed.com and www.studioronin.com.
The Psychic's Handbook, Copyright 2004, Green Ronin Publishing; Author Steve Kenson.
The Quintessential Fighter, Copyright 2001 Mongoose Publishing
Relics and Rituals: Excalibur,Copyright 2004, White Wolf Publishing, Inc.
Rokugan, Copyright 2001 AEG
The Seven Saxons, by Benjamin R. Durbin and Ryan Smalley, Copyright 2005, Bad Axe Games, LLC.
Silver Age Sentinels d20, Copyright 2002, Guardians of Order, Inc.; Authors Stephen Kenson, Mark C. Mackinnon, Jeff Mackintosh, Jesse Scoble.
Skull & Bones, Copyright 2003, Green Ronin, Green Ronin Publisihing, Authors Ian Sturrock, T.S. Luikart, and Gareth-Michael Skarka.
Spycraft Copyright 2002, Alderac Entertainment Group.
Spycraft Espionage Handbook, Copyright 2002, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Authors Patrick Kapera and Kevin Wilson.
Spycraft Faceman/Snoop Class Guide, Copyright 2003, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Authors Alexander Flagg, Clayton A. Oliver.
Spycraft Fixer/Pointman Class Guide, Copyright 2003, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Authors Scott Gearin.
Spycraft Mastermind Guide, Copyright 2004, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Steve Crow, Alexander Flagg, B. D. Flory, Clayton A. Oliver.
Spycraft Modern Arms Guide, Copyright 2002, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Authors Chad Brunner, Tim D'Allard, Rob Drake, Michael Fish, Scott Gearin, Owen Hershey, Patrick Kapera, Michael Petrovich, Jim Wardrip, Stephen Wilcoxon.
Spycraft Soldier/Wheelman Class Guide, Copyright 2003, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Authors Chad Brunner, Shawn Carman, B. D. Flory, Scott Gearin, Patrick Kapera.
Spycraft U.S. Militaries Guide, Copyright 2004, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Authors Dave McAlister, Clayton A. Oliver, Patrick Kapera.
Spycraft, Copyright 2005, Alderac Entertainment Group.
Swords of Our Fathers, Copyright 2003, The Game Mechanics
Tales of the Caliphate Nights, Copyright 2006, Paradigm Concepts, Inc., Author Aaron Infante-Levy
Tome of Horrors, Copyright 2002, Necromancer Games., Inc.; Author Scott Greene, based on original material by Gary Gygax.
True20 Adventure Roleplaying, Copyright 2005, Green Ronin Publishing; Author Steve Kenson.
True20 Bestiary, Copyright 2006, Green Ronin Publishing; Author Matthew E. Kaiser.
True20 Companion, Copyright 2007, Green Ronin Publishing; Authors Erica Balsley, David Jarvis, Matthew E. Kaiser, Steve Kenson, and Sean Preston.
The Unholy Warrior's Handbook, Copyright 2003, Green Ronin Publishing; Author Robert J. Schwalb.
Ultramodern Firearms, Copyright 2002, Green Ronin Publishing; Author Charles McManus Ryan.
Unearthed Arcana, Copyright 2004, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.; Andy Collins, Jesse Decker, David Noonan, Rich Redman.
Wrath & Rage, Copyright 2002, Green Ronin Publishing, Author Jim Bishop
True20 Adventure Roleplaying, Revised Edition, Copyright 2008, Green Ronin Publishing; Author Steve Kenson.
Open Game License v 1.0 Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
D6 Adventure (WEG 51011), Copyright 2004, Purgatory Publishing Inc.
D6 Space (WEG 51013), Copyright 2004, Purgatory Publishing Inc..
West End Games, WEG, and D6 System are trademarks and properties of Purgatory Publishing Inc.
Product Identity: The D6 System; the D6 trademarks, the D6 and related logos and any derivative trademarks not specified as Open Game Content;
and all cover and interior art and trade dress are designated as Product Identity (PI) and are properties of Purgatory Publishing Inc. All rights reserved.
Open Game Content: All game mechanics and material not covered under Product Identity (PI) above; OpenD6 trademark and OpenD6 logo.
Individual posts will specify which content in the post is IP or OGC. Unless specified, proper names, descriptive text, articles, posts not containing game mechanics, settings, product lines, articles series, etc. are IP.
Character-a-day, Copyright 2011, No Dan's Land Blog; Daniel Loyd
Brewmaster (Beta), Copyright July 14th 2011, No Dan's Land Blog. Daniel Loyd
Squint, copyright July 19th, 2011. No Dan's Land blog. Daniel Loyd
Crappy Pic of Guy at Computer, copyright July 27th, 2011. No Dan's Land. Daniel Loyd
Character-A-Day and Fun With OGC are IP.